“The arrogant, judgmental and egotistical appear to think they are better than us. Truth is, they are attempting to convince themselves that they are. Judging a person does not define who they are (for we really don’t know), but it does question why we are so ready to make such assumptions – and what it is within us that we are projecting upon them” ~ Unknown
The First Thursdays Durban 14 chosen by Marco Santoniccolo of SPIGA Durban on show at Sidebar 200 Florida Road Durban until end December 2016.
Go have a look as there is a huge difference between seeing one of these photos on your 18 inch monitor and being surrounded by 14 of them live at 46.8 inches each! Plus you can grab a glass of wine and light pasta while you sit there in this awesome Durban weather.
Can you also hear the CROW of St. Thomas’ Home for Children?
Here is the big idea:
- Benefit two non-profit organizations in one go
- Organize a trip for the children of St. Thomas’ Home for Children to visit CROW
- Bus transport, entrance fees, snacks, cool drinks and lunch are required
- Sunday 26 August is a possible date, subject to CROW & St Thomas management tying up loose ends
- All sponsors, helpers, their friends, family and children to attend the event
- The standard visit is as follows: “We are open to the public on the last sunday of every month. The gates open at 10:30am and the guided tour starts at 11:00am. A donation of R20-00 per person is asked upon entry and refreshments, t-shirts and diaries are sold before and after the tour. Please support CROW and join us. Gain an insight into the world of wildlife rehabilitation in one of the biggest centres of its kind in South Africa”
- With help from others it will happen soon
- Interested to join this fun heart-warming event then please email St Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew email@example.com
- Cash or consumables sponsorship for this event is strictly payable / donated to St. Thomas’ Home for Children for their use
- Any other support of any type for this event or anything else would be greatly appreciated
- This blog will be updated shortly with more information
Given Gain: “St. Thomas’ Home for Children is a place of love and protection for children in need of care. We are a non-profit organisation providing residential care to 60 vulnerable children between the ages 2-10 years, all of whom have been found in need of care by the courts. Our children require our care for a variety of reasons, from being orphaned, abandoned or neglected to being physically, sexually or emotionally abused.”
Tel: 031 207 3223
CROW: “CROW is the Centre For Rehabilitation Of Wildlife situated in Yellowwood Park, Durban. It is a wildlife hospital that cares for the injured and orphaned wild animals and birds in Kwazulu Natal. CROW has 12 depots in and around the Province and is considered to be one of the leading rehabilitation Centers in South Africa”
Tel: 031 462 1127
Below are some images I recorded during a visit to CROW
“The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals (children*) are treated” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
*not actual quote