Who remembers Timol’s bean chutney and chicken curry?
This is another one of her splendid curry creations we enjoyed for dinner, which also means lunch for me today (lucky me!).
As you know, I can’t give you Timol’s recipe – it’s a family secret (not). You could look at Anjum’s recipe if you need a hint or two.
Who remembers Timol’s bean chutney?
Her last two chicken curries have really shot tongues out, caused a ruckus and had crowds diving in for thirds.
The second version shown below was a defrosted chicken that escaped getting roasted but that ended up getting spiced-up.
We enjoyed the dish with a selection of roti, rice or bread.
I can’t give you Timol’s recipe – it’s a family secret (not).
You could look at Anjum’s recipe if you need a hint or two.
Here is another good example of Timol’s hot-shot ability to whip up a quick tasty meal:
- Fry 1/2 onion in pan with a little oil until translucent
- Add a little Turmeric powder
- A roughly chopped green chilli or two also
- Garlic if you like
- Add curry / Marsala powder
- Throw in finely diced tomato
- Add tin of baked beans 5 min later
- Simmer for 10/15 min
- Toss in chopped Dhania / Coriander leaves
- Drop onto wholewheat brown toast and enjoy