Photography is Andrew’s preferred style of “meditation”. Waking up early in the morning, long before sunrise, and being on location at first light with the birds and usually lapping ocean, has an amazingly calming effect. Andrew often retires for the evening just before midnight, having spent hours working on his post-processing of photos, another aspect of photography that soothes his soul and channels his thoughts into a single zone.
His day job is not related to art or photography but both occupations do share some common success generating traits: never give up and keep innovating.
Andrew has travelled to India, Thailand, Croatia, and Brazil, UK, Spain, Germany, Maldives, Turkey and other countries. He is self-taught and greatly inspired by a few UK & USA based photographers.
His favourite playground is the Golden Mile along Durban’s Beachfront and warm Indian Ocean of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa.
Some current “feathers in the cap” (as Andrew likes to call them) include:
- Featured landscape photographer in the PSSA (Photographic Society of SA) Image magazine in Feb 2016 (front cover photo display, detailed write-up & full centre spread plus other photos) – the first time any photographer has been given a double spread according to the editor,
- Your Shot magazine (South Africa) April 2014 feature,
- Independent On Saturday Newspaper 26 Sept 2015 full feature,
- The Süddeutsche Zeitung, largest German subscription newspaper 18th Dec 2014 centre half page photo display,
- Beverly Hills 5 Star Hotel Signature Photo of 2015 (Umhlanga, South Africa),
- First Thursdays Solo Photo Exhibition at Spiga ‘D Oro / Side Bar 200 Florida Rd Durban entire December 2016 and January 2017
- Interviewed live on Life & Style 88 FM Ballito – La Lucia 2 February 2017
- Signature image on the recently launched beer (2017) of an upmarket Umhlanga establishment