What do you do when your local chicken outlet starts charging a cock and a rooster for one small Portuguese Peri-Peri Chicken Burger? I’ll tell you. You take matters into your own hands.
Head along to your local Durban stores and buy:
- Super hot Veri Peri sauce by All Joy
- Succulent chicken fillets on special at Star Meats
- Freshly baked Portuguese rolls from Bread Ahead
- Cheese, fresh lettuce, onions and tomatoes from next door to Star Meats
- Healthy Flora margarine to help lower your cholesterol
- Crosse & Blackwell Trim Original low oil dressing to safeguard your heart
- Cerebos salt to taste
- Black pepper, garlic, dried bay leafs and parsley from Spice Emporium to flavour
Coat or marinade the fillets overnight with Veri Peri sauce, salt, black pepper, garlic, dried bay leafs and parsley.
Braai (barbecue) over a medium heat
Do not overcook
Clean and cut to size
Unpack the fresh rolls
Slice the rolls in half and spread the Flora on the bottom half. Spread the Trim and more Veri Peri generously on the top half
Layer chicken, cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce and even more Veri Peri to ensure the burger burns!
Serve on a plate and have burger no 2 lined up (the person eating no 1 will surely want another)
See what I mean?